Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why Do You Drink, Anyway?

There are lots of reasons people drink alcohol.

It certainly starts out innocent enough =  We just want to have fun!

No problem with that!  Only problem is if you HAVE to drink to have fun.

... or worse if you have to drink just to feel good enough to proceed.

Do you feel bad about yourself?  We all have our demons, Yo.

We just need to OVERCOME them. If we hurt ourselves and those that love us, we are doing just what they want.  When you totally destroy yourself they will be happy they did their job. Thank you very much.

Many VOIDS in our lives too.  Where'd everybody go?

Lots of times people who 'self-medicate' are trying to fill some kind of a void, but again, the party is over when it starts to control us instead of the other way around.

Anyway, sometimes we just need help to get on the right track again.  Hopefully we can do this instead of ruining our lives or dying of liver disease. What I mean is to Quit Drinking.

Please don't think I am judging you or that I am a goody two shoes.

I am not and I am not. No way.

I am just somebody who knows how this party plays out.

I was just a little girl who never knew where her Daddy was or why he never wanted to talk to me.

All those years I wondered and felt so alone,

... and then when I found out he wasn't there because he was drunk, he had just died at only 42 years of age from liver disease.

I understand now it wasn't that he didn't love me - (or was it?) ; however it really permanently affected me and that is my VOID..

Please don't do this to your little kid, ok?

Quit Drinking Now in the name of Love.






No comments:

Post a Comment